To Resolve Blerk Error 1 Messages in AOL Mail With Easy Instruction
AOL mail has millions of active users around the globe. These users share personal messages, business documents, images and much more via AOL mail. In order to protect user data, AOL mail has a number of security features in place for every AOL account. For example, one of the most basic security features in place is the username and password. Any error in the security features or in the authentication process exposes your account to potential risks. You can call the AOL Email Supports if you feel that your account was compromised or if you want more information on how to prevent future authentication errors.
Blerk Error 1 is a message that users sometimes see when there is an error in the authentication process for AOL Mail. This article includes some basic troubleshooting tips on How to Fix Blerk Error 1 Messages in AOL Mail with easy steps.
Causes for Blerk Error 1 in AOL Mail
Blerk Error 1 in AOL Mail normally appears after you enter your AOL login details. I.e. your username and password. This error generally appears with the words 'Blerk! Your sign-in got derailed.' or 'BLERK! ERROR 1 Authentication Problem'.
Here are some of the causes of the Error:
• Problem with internet browser settings
• Incorrect address saved as Bookmark
• Caches or cookies in browsers
• A technical error in AOL Desktop Gold
Easy Way to Solve AOL Mail Blerk Error 1
This kind of error is mostly caused because of the setting on your browser or if you are using older outdated software. Users must keep in mind that the steps to resolve the issues vary depending on which browser you use. Here are the steps to solve the error, check your browser and follow the steps accordingly.
• Internet Explorer: Ensure you use the latest version of internet explorer. Open a new window and follow the give thread: "Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet Zone". Enable 'Protection Mode' and follow the steps to add AOL mail to the list of trusted websites. Restart the browser to save the changes and run internet explorer without add-ons
• Mozilla Firefox: Open a new window in Firefox and click on the menu button. Select the option to restart Firefox with the add-ons disabled so that the browser can start in Safe Mode. You will see two options in the dialogue box. Use the "Start in Safe mode" option so as to disable all themes and extensions. The browser will also turn off hardware acceleration, and reset the toolbar. Once this is done you should be able to run AOL mail.
• Google Chrome: Update Chrome to the latest available version. Open the browser and go the Settings section and click on the advanced options. Go to the "Privacy and security" and turn off the relevant add-on settings. Once this is done delete the browsing history, saved passwords, cookies and clear the cache. Restart your system and try to sign in to your AOL account using a new window.
• Safari: When it comes to Safari certain pop-up windows block AOL mail and result in authentication problems. In order to fix the error, you should use the Security preferences in Safari to allow pop-up windows and turn the security warnings off.
If you see that the Blerk Error does not go away even after you have made the necessary changes to the browser settings then you can all the aol email customer support number and consult a trained professional about the problem.
Keep Getting Blerk Error Even After Clearing Cache & Cookies?
Somehow, if you still get this error, then you can directly contact to AOL technical support and get instant help. Just call on +1(866)257-5356, to get the expert assistance from AOL technical support team.